INSIGHTS ANALYST INTERNSHIP
Engage is a first-of-its-kind enterprise venture platform that dramatically accelerates startup growth and corporate innovation and is administered by the Enterprise Innovation Institute at Georgia Tech. 11 leading corporations – Chickfila, Coca-Cola, Cox Enterprises, Delta, Georgia Pacific, Georgia Power, Goldman Sachs, Honeywell, The Home Depot, Inspire Brands, Intercontinental Exchange, Invesco, UPS, and Wellstar Health System – partnered with the Georgia Institute of Technology and Invest Georgia, have backed the Engage fund, managed by Tech Square Ventures.
Informed by insights derived from corporate partners and cross-industry trends, we invest in startups from around the world. Post-investment, they enter an enterprise go-to-market program that accelerates the path to scale, working directly with corporate partners to implement pilots and contracts. At the same time, our corporate partners are empowered to strengthen their innovation capacity and learn from each other in a cross-disciplinary manner.
Interns at Engage will have the unique opportunity to learn about the go-to-market growth platform and venture fund by supporting the Engage team on the different aspects of working with our startups and corporate partners.
The internship program will bring together a team of 8 talented undergraduate students from Georgia Tech across four roles – Investments Analysts, Insights Analysts, Design + Communications, and Operations – as pictured below.
The information below is intended exclusively for Georgia Tech students. If accepted, students will have the ability to register for a 3-credit Engage Internship on a letter grade basis for the course GT 3803. The internship program will be managed by Dr. Nammy Vedire, the Director of Platform & Operations at Engage.
The internship will begin in January 2023 and run through the Spring semester. Students are required to work in the Engage studio. Applicants should be creative, hardworking, self-motivated leaders with an interest in innovation and startups. The specific responsibilities and requirements for the Insights Analyst Internship are detailed below:
- Assist leadership team in sourcing emerging startups and building market landscapes relevant to our corporate partners’ focus areas.
- Research markets and technologies trends to formulate a thesis on the future of the industry.
- Leverage databases, journals, and news articles to run diligence on startups.
- Collaborate with leadership tam to meet with promising startup teams
- Construct startup one-pagers to communicate the advantages of top startups based on communications, product decks, and case studies.
- Work in small groups to produce deep-dives on emerging technologies, create brief summaries, long form presentations/reports, and relevant databases.
- Highly responsive in Slack, email, and verbal communications.
- Professional and casual interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- High receptivity to feedback.
- Experience with conducting research and analysis on industry sectors/trends.
- Self-starter who can work on a team with minimal guidance.
- Experience with tools like Airtable, Notion, and the like to automate repetitive process is a plus.
- Experience in the consulting industry/startup roles is a plus.
NOTE: Students with a coding background will have the opportunity to build and manage scrappers and database management tools to automatically update news articles, company information, and the like. Those with skills or experience in data management will be considered for additional positions beyond the two insights analyst roles indicated above.
LOCATION: Students should be able to work at the Engage Offices in Tech Square (Centergy One, 75 5th St NW, Suite 2100, Atlanta, GA).
COMMITMENT: These positions will be part-time opportunities requiring a total of 168 hours for the semester (12 hours per week for 14 weeks). Students will need to work out a schedule for those 12 hours that fits around their other classes. (Time spent at weekly meetings or special events like speakers, receptions, etc. will count towards the 12 hours — and students will be excused from attending if there is a time conflict with their other classes or if attending would exceed their 12 hours per week).
WEEKLY GROUP MEETING: In addition to their specific responsibilities, interns will meet weekly to listen to guest speakers, learn leadership skills, develop a deeper understanding of investing, hone business skills, and discuss progress on their projects.
Summary Report: At the conclusion of the internship, students will submit an Internship Report (1500-200 words – about 5 pages, double spaced) to Dr. Nammy Vedire describing their internship work and explaining how they have attained the following learning objectives:
- Apply strategic thinking skills and research methods to assist in the development of market evolution reports and briefs.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and develop original ideas/concepts, integrate feedback/critique, and communicate ideas visually and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
GRADING: The letter grade for the internship course will be based on Dr. Vedire’s:
- Evaluation of the Internship Report (20%).
- Evaluation of the internship performance (80%):
- Completion of the required 168 hours of internship work
- Evidence of attainment of the above learning objectives
- Overall quality of internship work performed
HOW TO APPLY
Interested students will require their resume to complete the application form below:
Phase I deadline for applications is 11:59 pm on Sunday, Dec 4th 2022.
NOTE: If slots are still available, applications will be opened for Phase II registrations and communicated via email.
PHASE I INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected students may be asked to interview by phone or video conference between Dec 5th – 12th, 2022. These arrangements will be made via email with the chosen students directly. Interview decisions will be conveyed by email and permits will be issued by Dec 16th, 2022 for students to register.